How do I look after my Eyelash Extensions at home?
- Do not get your eyelash extensions wet for 12 – 24hrs after your procedure.
(This also includes and not limited to swimming, steam rooms, spa / sauna, bikram yoga and gym)
Whilst your eyelash extensions are dry when you leave, the bond is still curing so this time will allow them to settle and allow you to maintain optimum longevity and retention.
- It is very important to keep your lashes clean from bacteria, dust , protein, oils, makeup etc. After the initial 24hr period, we highly advise to cleanse your lashes min 2-3 times per week. (in shower using a soft makeup brush or foam) We recommend using Lash Collection, Eyelash and Brow Cleanser. (available in studio / online)
- Avoid using any Oil based products around your eyes, including makeup remover, cleanser and moisturiser.
- Never use waterproof mascara. Waterproof mascara contains oils that can loosen or dissolve the bonding agent. Oil based makeup remover is also required to remove waterproof mascara therefore again dissolving the bond.
- You may wear mascara that is specifically designed for Classic Eyelash Extensions only. (available in studio / online)
- Regular refill appointments are required if you would like to maintain a consistent look. We recommend visiting every 2-4 weeks, so your lashes are always looking fantastic.
- Always use lint free makeup remover pads and try to avoid drying your eyes with a towel as your eyelash extensions may get caught on different materials.
- Avoid brushing your eyelashes when wet, you may use your hairdryer on low and cold in an upwards motion to dry your lashes.
- Always gently brush your lashes from the top as shown in your appointment to avoid removing any extensions. Lash Cartel will provide you with a lash brush to take home on every visit.
- Avoid touching or rubbing your eyelash extensions. Like anything that is glued or bonded, the more you play with them, the looser the bond will become. Your fingers also contain oils that can affect the retention
- Never try to remove your eyelash extensions at home. This can damage your natural eyelashes. We provide a removal service at Lash Cartel Melbourne which is quick and non evasive.
- Do not use heat, eyelash curlers or lash lift / perming procedures on eyelash extensions.
Once you have made the investment with Lash Cartel Melbourne, it is important that you look after your eyelash extensions at home to continue to enjoy the maximum benefits eyelash extensions can provide.